Zero Hold Up / SparklerFilter Press
“ PHARMA FAB INDUSTRIES “ The filter press is a solid liquid separation device using the principle of pressure feeding. It is highly efficient, compact, dewatering device for separating solids from liquid slurries in the form of compressed cake. It has wide range of applications by several industries like Pharma, bulk drugs, distilleries, beverages & other industries.
The unfiltered liquid is fed into the filter under positive pressure, where liquid travels in downwards direction and finds its way through opening on sides of the Filter Plates. As the liquid pressure increases, the Filter media holds the foreign particles and allows only clear filtrate to pass through the central channel formed by interlocking pressure cups to the outlet. Filtration is continued until the cake holding capacity of the unit is reached or until the filtrate rate becomes too slow owing to cake resistance.
Salient Features :
Design is cGMP with all contact parts AISI 316L. Complete filtration of the batch without any hold up due to reverse flow of liquid. The cake, filtered & solids remain totally enclosed allowing filtration of toxic, hazardous & explosive liquids. No contamination of internal surface of shell. The top dome structure ensures fast & easy removal of cartridge assembly & cleaning of cake. Skid type unit with castor wheel.
- Special design for filteration till last drop.
- COST & time effective due to reverse liquid flow.
- Inbuilt back wash facility eliminates time loss, gives more output with continuous operation.
- Eliminates scavenger plate arrangement.
- Depending upon viscosity of liquid & output it can be provided with Gear/Centrifugal/Lobe/Roto Pump.
- Hot filteration is also possible with M.S./S.S. jacket.
- MOC SS 304/316/316L quality and mirror finished to 280 grit internally and externally.
- Total access for fast cartridge removal and cleaning.
- Special cartridge design traps total solids thus ensures 100% clear filteration.
- GMP Model with S.S. platform & trolley.
The Cartridge assembly consists of plates, perforated screens, spacers and fitter media. Interlocking spacers internally form single pipeline. The unfiltered liquid is centrally fed under pressure from bottom inlet. The liquids spreads out equally on each plate fitted with filter media. Solids remain on filter media and clear. filtrate flows through precisely made holes on sides of plates and collects in the shell, which then comes out through the outlet. In this process, solids are evenly distributed on each plate. The cake is then cleaned from the filter material and used again for filtration process.
- Single pass filtration with no solid bypass
- Full batch recovery, no separate scavenging system needed.
- Proper sealing which allows the filtration of volatile, toxic and inflammable products.
- Plate pack arrangement ensures :
Any type of filtering media singularly or in combination, can be used to achieve required micron efficiency.
Easy removal and cleaning of the Cartridge Assembly.
- Closed System ensures :
Filtration of toxic, hazardous, explosive materials.
Efficiently cleaned and sterilized.
- Central feeding ensures :
No solid inside the vessel, complete recovery of liquids.
Cake solids can be maximum dried with N2
Complete cake retains over the plate.
Uniform filter-aid bed can be formed.
Reduces the cost of expensive solvents.
Horizontal Plate Type Filter Press
The unfiltered liquid is fed into the filter under positive pressure, where liquid travels in downwards direction and finds its way through opening on sides of the Filter Plates.
As the liquid pressure increases, the Filter media holds the foreign particles and allows only clear filtrate to pass through the central channel formed by interlocking pressure cups to the outlet. Filtration is continued until the cake holding capacity of the unit is reached or until the filtrate rate becomes too slow owing to cake resistance.
- Horizontal Plate Filter Press is enclosed construction, preventing evaporation, oxidation, leakage and fumes escaping from product.
- Filter plates are available in two sizes. Deep plate for large percentage of cake holding capacity and Shallow plate for small percentage of cake holding capacity.
- The horizontal filter plate and even thickness of cake, prevents the cake dropping as well as cracking, thus assuring better filtrate quality.
- The Filtration area and cake holding capacity can be increased or decreased according to requirement.