Pharma FabTM Industries Colloid mill is used to reduce the particle size of a solid in suspension in a liquid, or to reduce the droplet size of a liquid suspended in another liquid. This is done by applying high levels of hydraulic shear to the process liquid. It is frequently used to increase the stability of suspensions and emulsions. The colloid mill is used for various applications such as Superfine grinding, homogenizing, emulsifying, dispersing, mixing and extracting of liquids, ointments and highly viscous products in pharmaceutical, cosmetics, suspensions & emulsion industry.
Process :The product is fed to the hopper which leads the product into the gap between rotor and stator. The product is subjected to a high degree of shearing, cutting and rubbing between two metal toothed surfaces of rotor and stator and towards the discharge section. The processed product continuously leaves the mill through drain pipe if required, it can be re-circulated by three way cock and re-circulating pipe assembly.
Salient Features :
- Capacities Available : 1 HP , 3 HP , 5 HP
- Design as per GMP and cGMP Model
- MOC : SS 304 , SS 316 , SS 316L
- All Contact parts SS 316 / SS 316L / SS 304 & Non Contact parts SS 304.
- Easy to adjustment gap between rotor and stator.
- Separate discharge spout for highly viscous products.
- Three way assembly with re-circulating pipe.
- Easy Dismantle for all contact parts for cleaning.
- Easily Moveable
- Silicon food grade seal.
Optional Features :
- Horizontal Drive / Vertical Drive.
- Water cooling system.
- Flame Proof Electrical.
- Top Mounted Motor is mostly used in Colloid Mill
Safety Features :
- Overload pressure release mechanism.